NICCS has developed an Education and Training Catalog with courses mapped to the interactive National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NICE Framework). The NICE Framework provides a common lexicon to describe cybersecurity work, and workers, regardless of where, or for whom, the work is performed. All McAfee Institute offerings are aligned with the NICE Framework – the categories are based on extensive job analyses that groups together work and workers that share common major functions, regardless of job titles or other occupational terms.
- The NICE Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The NICE Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors
- The NICE Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned with jobs
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities
- Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization