The National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) is the premier online resource for cybersecurity training. NICCS connects Government employees, students, educators, and industry with cybersecurity training providers throughout the Nation. For those unfamiliar with NICCS, it’s a program designed to help citizens find the education and training they need to advance their careers and close the skill gaps in the cybersecurity workforce. Needless to say, it is a great source for those who are passionate about cybersecurity awareness, training, and education and career structure.
NICCS has developed an interactive National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework which provides a common language for cyber roles, jobs, and helps define personal requirements in cybersecurity. All McAfee Institute offerings are aligned with the Cyber Security Workforce Framework – the categories are based on extensive job analyses that groups together work and workers that share common major functions, regardless of job titles or other occupational terms.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework supports the nation’s cybersecurity workforce development efforts.
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides a simple, standardized way to define cybersecurity work across multiple sectors
- The National Cybersecurity Workforce Framework provides detailed descriptions of types of cybersecurity work, the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for each area, and descriptions of common specialties.
- Students will graduate with the knowledge and skills that employers need
- Colleges can create programs that are aligned with jobs,
- Employees will have a better-defined career path and opportunities, and
- Policymakers can set standards to promote workforce professionalization.